What is an Infrared Sauna?
Unlike a traditional sauna, infrared saunas don’t heat the air around you. Instead, they heat your body directly using infrared lamps. These lamps emit light with the same wavelength as the visible spectrum as the sun without the UV.
A traditional Sauna will penetrate only 1cm into the skin, whereas and Infrared sauna penetrates 4–5cm into the skin, creating a cardiovascular workout while removing heavy metals and toxins from the body. Getting under IR light also increases the efficiency of the mitochondria (a cells energy power house) to help replenish energy stores.
What are the benefits of an Infrared Sauna?
The benefits of using an infrared sauna may include:
- Reducing Muscle, Tendon & Joint, Pain & Inflammation
- Reducing stress
- Faster injury recover times
- Improved sleep
- Acclimatisation for events
- Increasing energy levels
- Sports Recovery & Performance Enhancement
- Assist in Weightloss
The impact colour has on brain function and mood is not secret and has been well known for a long time and lights the IR Sauna can be set to a whole range of specific colours to help you get the best possible outcome.
- Red light also helps with our circadian rhythm and tells the body it is it time to relax
- White light can make us think imaginatively
- Green light energies
- Yellow or Orange can help reduce Pain & Inflammation
What to bring/wear?
Bring your bathers, a towel (or 2) and a massive bottle of water. Ideally you want to drink at least 1 litre of water whilst in the sauna.
For our Infrared Sauna, currently our packages only include after treatment use:
- Standard After Treatment use = $25 (45 minute session).
- Sweat with a mate after a treatment = $30 (45 minute session).
* Currently our Infrared Sauna can only be booked after any treatment. *
Contact us if you have a specific requests and we will do our best to accommodate you.