What is Myotherapy?
Myotherapy is a system of health care primarily focusing on assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal pain. Myotherapy is used in the treatment of acute and chronic conditions as well as preventive management. Myotherapists treat various issues such as sporting and occupational injuries, stiffness and soreness, chronic pain and overuse syndromes plus other chronic musculoskeletal conditions. Myotherapists can also assist with recovery and return to regular activity following surgery and/or extended periods of inactivity.
Is Myotherapy for me?
Myotherapy is for anyone who is living with pain, restricted in activites of daily living or wanting to improve sport performance. Common conditions you may seek myotherapy for include:
- Back pain (upper and lower)
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain
- Knee pain
- Hip pain
- Headaches & Migraines
- Stress and tension
- Sport preparation
What treatment techniques do Myotherapists use?
Myotherapists draw from a large range of treatment techniques to achieve the desired outcome for clients. We help clients understand why we choose certain techniques for them specifically and how to maximise their effects for long term solutions of pain-free living. At AIM, we utilise treatment techniques that are specific to your individual case and these techniques can include:
- Dry needling (including electro-needling)
- Cupping (active cupping and functional release)
- Electrotherapies (eg muscle stimulation (m-STIM), TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation)
- Joint Mobilisation - mobilisation with movement
- Taping techniques - eg Kinesiotaping (Rocktape) or traditional sports taping
- Massage - Deep tissue and Sports Massage.
- IASTM - Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilisation
As of 1st May, 2018 there will be a small price rise for myotherapy treatments to continue ANF discs and increasing costs of consumables and utilities.
|Recovery Boots Rental||-||$50 Weekend|